July 18, 2007
yes, we have no strawberries.

because i am trying to be honest with myself about this on all counts, i will write it out here: i did better this time. i should be proud of that.

while i obviously still screwed it up by choosing to be interested in someone who was either truly unavailable or just not willing to be more so (and i'll never really know which), at least in other respects he was a good man.

and while i know i should just let it go, i find myself still sadly hoping.

because of that, i will not be pursuing anything else- not that i was before anyways. he came as a complete surprise... but i think i need to devote more time to me, so that maybe when i meet someone in the future, i'll do even better.


in other news, in addition to the massive amounts of travel i had already planned on logging in this summer (two trips to SF, a trip to san diego, and an early autumn visit to AZ) i apparently will be flying cross country to attend a barbecue with strangers, because that's the kind of girl i am. you know, the kind who will fly over 2000 miles to distract herself... and to reclaim her life and her joy in being alone.

those strawberries were delicious though, while i had them.



15 Comments:

Blogger Melliferous Pants said...

Fuck strawberries! Sometimes a girl needs to expand her appetite for fruit...or veggies. xoxo

Blogger robiewankenobie said...

bbq on this coast? where? is there going to be pie?

Blogger Stephieface said...

East Coast Strawberries are better anyways ;) The East Coast also has the best peaches, you know... if you swing that way and all.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Okay, as a true bi-coastal, I can definitively say the west coast has better strawberries. As for the rest of the fruits, not so much.

I think you should get a sampler plate.

Blogger jiggs said...

sounds like a good plan.

Blogger Nick said...

Chicago!

Blogger Libby said...

You should definitely be proud that Strawberries were WAY better than Boy. Or Pie. I can't remember.

And being alone is not so bad, I hope.

Blogger yournamehere said...

I hear once you've dipped your strawberries in chocolate you'll never go back.

Or am I mixing my metaphors again?

Blogger Colleen said...

Trading in strawberries for a bbq?
Saucy!

Blogger Sysm said...

People, people.

Do we really want to bring back the East Coast/West Coast fruit war?

All fruit is delicious.

Can't we all just get along?

Anonymous Catherine said...

:: hugs ::

Also, my promise to buy you a vodka-filled drink still stands.

Anonymous Bonanza JellyBean said...

Um, hello? You are coming to the east coast? When? Where? Is it anywhere near Baltimore?

Blogger Ćœbermilf said...

Nick is right.

You should hide in my basement while you find yourself.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

You've already blown me off on an East Coast trip once, sister. I swear to Xenu, you can have all the fucking produce you want if you come visit me, baby.

Anonymous Therese said...

I've read this a few times, and just now have decided that your attitude is good, is great, is the best.

The joys of being alone don't go away when you meet the guy who lets you be the you you want to be. I could be wrong, but I believe it's important to become all the you that you want to be for as long as you need to be before allowing someone to share a big part of your life.

You're special. I mean that, in as corny a way as is possible.

I'm enjoying the Year of Me tremendously. You seem much lighter and happier than you did before, my dear MK.

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state