May 09, 2007
i've been tagged

which is good probably, otherwise i might never have come back. i'm working on it, i swear, but sometimes it's hard to present myself for your approval.

anyway, this meme is about food, and since i am a huge fattie in a less huge body, i really like to think about this sort of stuff. just recently i decided that my ideal vacation would be an official eating tour. the kind where you know, i eat my way through the state, then the country... THEN THE WORLD.

The rules:

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.


Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.


here's the part where i sucker out- this was really hard. i don't have five favorites in LA! i don't go out to eat bitches, because that requires having money to burn, and i have serious habits to keep up with. the underage hookers and mountains of blow* are not going to buy themselves.


anyway, the list:

1. the vegan joint is nearby, and while it looks like nothing special from the outside, inside there is some really spectacular thai. AND! because it's vegan, i can order whatever i want and not worry about my allergies, which is pretty cool. not only do they have delicious thai (i want to fill a bathtub with spicy mint noodles and then eat my way out), but also breakfasty foods like vegan pancakes and tofu scrambles, and a surprisingly excellent chocolate cake. i don't even like chocolate cake! bonus: it's just down the street from a cute vintage store that i like. yay!

2. like i said, i don't get out much. thus, limited in my repertoire to choose from... but i went to this place (malo) a while ago, and i recall it being pretty darn good. the ambiance is nice, sort of hip but not too intimidating. the reason i don't recall more is this: the food was nice, but the sangria was much much nicer.

3. now i'm going to cheat a little, and tell you the food i miss most from the east coast: revere beach's kelly's roast beef. but ONLY the one on revere beach, the original location. it has no seating, unless you count the curb or the beach wall across the street, but so worth it. if you can't get over there, i also recommend bill and bob's on the salem to beverly bridge (open late for those four martini evenings), or land n' sea in peabody. when i go home to visit, roast beef is high on my list of things to do. both kelly's and land n' sea also offer some highly desirable fried clams. mmmmmm.

4. another cheat: kowloon is possibly the most fun chinese restaurant ever. please note in the facilities section, the "tiki lagoon." i want to live there, and have all of my meals under the watchful eyes of that stone man. also, there is an entire section of their website devoted to the celebrities that have been there. the service is mostly crap, but the food is pretty good and the drinks are capital S Strong. plus, tiki lagoon!!

5. back to LA: my favorite place to eat. you may or may not know this about me, but i adore burgers and burritos. i would eat them exclusively given the chance. for burgers, many places are quite good- but for burritos? tacos por favor. in santa monica, it looks like nothing from the street and is not extensively decorated inside, but the food is really good and they make their own fresh watermelon juice! sometimes they run a little heavy on the onion, but i will forgive them because they rule me, and i would give them my first born child** in exchange for food if they wanted me to.


for an extra treat, i also like scooby's for chilidogs. pink's is acceptable, but scoob is better. so that's it. now i'm hungry.

i tag, if they are interested, stacy, nick, jiggs casey and slappy (also of jiggsblog fame), and valancy jane.


* yarn/makeup/rhinestones

** but not my cats



12 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

Thanks for playing along. That roast beef sandwich looks great!!!

Blogger Übermilf said...

Shit.

Now I have to do this.

Blogger slappy said...

Hmm. Interesting. Now that people know that the writers at jiggsblog are different people, I can be "tagged."

I will try to be equal to the task.

Blogger robiewankenobie said...

when i come to visit you which i will never do because i won't have that much disposable income in all my life which is a pity because you fucking rock and a weekend with you would kill me dead of the awesome...you will take me to the tiki lagoon for sssstrong drinks. conversely, if you ever visit the todd let me know because i live really damn close to lousiville and i would love nothing more than to ditch my family and go out knitting and carousing with strangers that rock solid from the internets the end.

Anonymous velverse said...

OMG!!!! another post with tacos in it. Hehehe... and now at Santa Monica... oooo... sounds like lots of tacos for me. yummie yummie.

Okay... I like your little cheat. Hehehe.. I shall venture to revere beach for the roast beef. Slurp.. You make it sounds so "to die for" I am eager to try.

Thanks for doing the tag. :)

Blogger Nicole Tan said...

Ahh cheating here...but haha like it!! now I want to go to revere beach for the roast beef too!!

and burritos?? they are my favourite around too..mmmmm

Ps thanks for doing the tag. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

Blogger jiggs said...

what about that shabu shabu place we went to where you saw danny bonaduce and they had all those weasels that worked there?

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yummmmm..Tacos Por Favor. It's near my office and I eat there at least once, twice a week. Have you tried the chili-relleno burrito? It's vegie/cheesy-tastic!

Hmm? I've never tried Skooby's. Must go there soon. Thanks.

L.A. Ell

Blogger Thérèse said...

Only you make "I've been tagged" mildly sound like it's a dirty thing.

I like it.

*eyebrow wiggle*

Blogger Tits McGee said...

OMG Kowloon!!! Soooo awesome! Have you ever been to the HuKeLau in Chicopee? Equally kitchy and fabulous. They do a floor show with fire juggling and hula dancing and then a guy comes out and sings "Tiny Bubbles." It is the best thing ever.

Anonymous Catherine said...

Completely unrelated to your post but vital nonetheless, you know that today (May 13) is Leonard Nimoy's birthday, right?

Blogger Mopfog said...

Tracing tags backwards is interesting. Hello.

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state