January 12, 2007
friday leftovers

i thought i had traffic court this morning for my bogus ticket, but i was wrong. it's next week. now i have another seven days to freak out about potentially having to pay a $350 ticket. hooray!

then on the way to work i discovered a certain somebody who shall remain nameless (but who FAILED in trying to fix my electronic boyfriend) had been disrespectful of my cds when he last borrowed my car and i was so filled with anger i nearly popped. instead, i had a little panic attack and realized i need to move immediately.

now i'm compiling a list of things i will need when i move, because i am poor and also because i'd rather spend my money on fun things, like strippers and blow.

so far my list is incredibly interesting things like:
pots/pans
plates/bowls
silverware
microwave
bed/sheets (seriously, i don't have a fucking bed.)
tv/dvd player
and so on. it looks like my first night in the new place (and yes, i realize this is two months away) will be me sleeping on my pile of fabric and yarn and then eating cereal from a muffin tin or a bundt pan. but i'm hoping to accumulate all those things so i can start a new list of things i want just because, like an adjustable dress form, and a spinning wheel, and a pregnant albino pygmy unicorn.

this weekend i'm taking my first burlesque class, which should prove very exciting. also, i will be digging for buried treasure, with which i will pay my ticket (maybe) and buy a giant bed for to sleep in all by my lonesome.

except with cats. and tiny baby unicorns.

who will have little safety bumpers, so they don't puncture my delicate flesh in the night.



20 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

Will you share your strippers and blow with me?

I'm tired of girls with holes in their jeans and Wal-Tussin generic cough syrup.

Blogger Beeb said...

freecycle.org might be a good place to start getting goodies for a new place. obviously sign up for your local one because you can't really go to woodstock, ct to pick up a free bed... unless you want to. :)

let me know how it goes.

Anonymous ariel said...

I'll see you in class a week from Sunday (I'm learning to make corsets this weekend). Yay! Hopefully I'll see you before that at snb though. Because I'm obsessed with you now. Just so you know.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like someone needs to have an e-housewarming. Maybe you should register for the stuff you need & see what happens...

Blogger Brookelina said...

I have two words for you: garage sales.

Also, strippers and blow.

Anonymous Bonanza JellyBean said...

I have $50 left to my name. Do I:

1. Spend it on food
2. Spend it on strippers and blow?

I'm going with strippers and blow. Otherwise known as the Tuesday night special.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

rub the horn and make a wish!

I, too, recommend frrecycle.org

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

FREECYCLE.ORG!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously? as long as you bring the strippers and blow you could *totally* crash here... especially with the blow... and all you'd have to worry about is a curious napoleon but he likes new friends, like you and julius and mr. nimoy. oh and pickles cuz earl likes him some big dawgs.

totally...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got all my plates and silverware and such from the dollar store when I moved to LA.

Also, that cheapy store at the corner of Fairfax and Beverly has plates and stuff at bargain prices.

Blogger Nick said...

I've consumed cereal form a bundt pan before.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think unicorn horns are made of Nerf.

Anonymous Meg said...

I'm moving, too. The landlord pushed the move-in date to March 1st so I've got some more time, but basically I'm bringing myself, my clothing, and my books.

I figure I can just get all the other things later.

Maybe you could do the same? Scrap everything and start from scratch. Well, bring the cats, of course :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhh...did you just say "burlesque class?"

Will there be pictures? Please? Oh, god, please?

Blogger LotusKnits said...

Burlesque class?!?! I wanna come! So jealous over here right now.

Also, I'm known for just giving things away, so when you know for sure, maybe be more specific with what you still need....

Blogger Sarah Smile said...

Do you need a lamp? Or a shower curtain? I'm getting rid of some stuff, I'll get a complete list and give you first dibs. I need to drive up and visit you anyway.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a pile of sheets for a full size bed I no longer own. You are welcome to them (as well as any kitchen thing I might have 2 of) if you want them. Just send me and email.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the ticket. Hint: DO NOT PARK in the judge's spot!

Blogger jiggs said...

in the near future, I'll get off my rear and send you your gift.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I'm sure if you don't mind going "so cal eclectic", you'll have plenny of offers from folks around here. 'Specially once we know what you're looking for.

Hey, i'll give you my pizza stone if you give me pick of the litter - I've always wanted a baby unicorn (which, btw, are BY THEIR NATURE albino).

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state