December 08, 2006
i'm eating oatmeal

it's my lunch, and it's delicious.

now as if i weren't paranoid already, about say, how much time leonard nimoy spends in the window* (among other things), now there's this.
*white cats with pink skin are prone to skin cancers (particularly in the nose and ears). he is indoors only, so his risk is less, but i'm still tempted to tint all of my windows for his saftey, as it would break my heart if his soft pink belly were harmed in any way. i just reread that and i think we can all agree that i need to seek professional help pretty much immediately.

and a meme, a la this fish and subsequently, brookelina:

things i have learned from my relationships with men.

well, this is harder than it seems. my instincts are to include things like, "someone who is a jerk to others will eventually be a jerk to you as well," or, "when he urges me to stand up for myself and assumes i will only do so in situations that don't involve him, i should kick him hard and run."

of course there have been a few positive things, like reverse cowgirl, but mostly i can sum it up in one statement:

1. i am glad i didn't marry any of them.

the end.



17 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

Sorry, did you write anything before or after the words "reverse cowgirl"?

Blogger Brookelina said...

Yeah, that was a bit of a showstopper. But it never really worked for me. I don't like positions where I'm doing all the work. And I really don't like swinging my hat and yelling "Yeehaw!" when having sex.

I think I said too much.

Blogger Sarah Smile said...

That about sums it up for me as well.

Blogger me said...

i had a white cat once whom i name zachery after the the guy from savedd by the bell cuz he was hot once and i loved him o so much (the cat not the character) and he got cancer in his kidney and the vet made me feel. we had to put him down and i didn't go to work and i cried for days and days.

sometimes i still cry.

please take care of mr. nemoy.

i want to send you a christmas present. how do i go about doing this?

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

yea I'm with you brooke, that and reverse cowgirl is rough on the knees.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The obsession with your pets? Trust me, totally normal (if I am an example of normality).

Things I learned from dating:

I hate to say it...but: have them meet my dad. Ask his advice. Actually follow said advice. I should rent him out to all women I know before they commit to anyone. He. is. always. right. I have empirical evidence.

Blogger Nick said...

I can't wait to disappoint some lucky lady.

Blogger Green and Gray said...

Received gift. Am giddy :) Still cannot find good gift to send to you. Will send when found.

<3

Blogger MsHellion said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

reverse cowgirl!

spit!!

determination!!!

Blogger CommonWombat said...

I don't like that position at all... I mean, it feels nice and all, but I find having all the guts on the outside flopping around and all the blood just really disconcerting.

What??? Oooh I thought you said INverse Cowgirl... My bad.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I have learned from my relationships with men:

Some people just won't care about dirt no matter how hard I try.

However dirty things, like the Reverse Cowgirl for example, are cared about deeply.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I third the Brookester re: doing all the work. And I second you re: your summation. I only wished I kept that in mind as I drove to Vegas.

Sheeeyat. Kitty alzheimers. That could explain the Bucket's behavior of late. . .

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I love you for so many different reasons, and this post just gave me three more:

1) Leonard Nimoy's soft pink belly

2) Reverse cowgirl

3) Did I say revers cowgirl? Because if not, reverse cowgirl.

Blogger jiggs said...

marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries.

I got your gift!!! I'm gonna do a post about it soon!!!

it is in your nature to stress about anything that is not in your control.

Blogger me said...

miss k.

i have received early this morning my wonderful holiday goodness and am absolutely crazy about how cute and wonderful they are... especially how topical (not like cream, but like of importance to moi)

thank you so much!

please expect remittance.

Blogger karla said...

I've learned that bail rarely gets paid back, even when he promises and swears to god he will pay it back immediately upon release.

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state