December 21, 2006
auf wiedersehen

i googled that for the spelling as "auvwedersen." google is so smart.

here is something that has been bothering me all week: there is an abandoned shopping cart full of cans and other assorted tchotchkes on the side of the road. i drive by it every morning on my way to work and am very concerned about its owner's whereabouts. no one just leaves a cart like that. it's prime bum merchandise! also, the road is a busy one, with no sidewalks. just endless wetlands and tall reeds. my imagination is running wild. this is like how everytime i pass a plastic bag on the side of the road or freeway i wonder if maybe there are puppies inside.

tomorrow morning i must be at the airport by 5:30 am. yes, 5:30 AM. i am going to massachusetts for my first visit in nearly two years! i'm pretty sure i'll get hopelessly lost at some point, and i might wither into a raisin-like version of my self without the constant affirming love of my kitties, and my online presence will be intermittent for the next week, but please know that i continue to hold you all in my heart and mind, and also watch you on my tiny spycam.

jiggs casey, please stop that. it's ruining my dinner.



19 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Jiggs Casey would prefer that you were his dinner. :)

I hope you have a WUNNERFUL time in Beantown. And I hope you're blessing us with your presence at tonite's Ho-Ho (how appropriate) SnB.

And I hope I can stop pulling out my hair. I think I'll blame you...

Blogger Sarah Smile said...

I really did think I was the only one who thought that about plastic bags on the road.

Blogger Glitzy said...

aww...did you get a sitter / friend to look in on your kitties? (very cute kitties ,btw) I am hopeless without my kitties.

Found you through BJB's site. Awesome purse you made for her. Nice to find another knitter / crafty person in blog land

Blogger CommonWombat said...

I have those kinds of thoughts when I see one show in the road... "Where is the other shoe? Where are the feet? Are they atatched to a person, and if so, where is he and is he AWARE that he's lost a shoe, or is he out there, blindly limping around, wondering why his gait is off? How do you lose a SHOE?"

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you plan to come here for your fist visit.

Blogger jiggs said...

NEVER! I just can't keep my hands off of myself! Have fun on your trip, yo!

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I will stow away in your petticoats and travel along, to give you free and unsolicited advice throughout your journey.

Also, if you would pass me a canape from time to time?

Thanks.

Blogger TinaPoPo said...

Have a nice Christmas and a safe flight!

Blogger Monkey said...

Have a wonderful journey east! I send metaphysical cuddles to your kitties. Merry Christmas Miss Kendra!

Blogger Brookelina said...

If you and Tits get together I'm going to turn permanently green with envy. Have a great trip!

Blogger yournamehere said...

If you and tits REALLY get together I want pictures.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the very same thing about bags, and boxes.... oh and the shoes.

Have a safe trip, when you return your pets will be in rule.... bring them treats.

Blogger Beeb said...

now everytime i see loose plastic bags i worry about your kitties eating them. :(

Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Have a wonderful time in MA. When you return, we will have to get together. I know I always say this, but we have to.

Wishing you much love, creativity and prosperity in the new year girlie!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: the shopping cart. They finally got around to scratching their instant win lottery ticket. Winning $500, they took a look at the cart and said, "Fuck this bum shit."

Blogger Beeb said...

...peanut butter does not smell good right now...

hey. just keeping you posted. (as i will try to do with my blog :)

Blogger amera hearts said...

i hope you have a fun trip. i can feel you on the 5:30am flight time. just last tuesday i had a 5am flight :( i drank a huge amount of hot chocolate and oj to wake me up.

ps. maybe you could call the police about the bum materials? he could be hurt in the wetlands. there are wetlands on my project site and some have huge holes that you can fall into and if no one was around they would not hear your calls for help. hhhhmmmm......save and file that for future reference.

Blogger MadMeer said...

"everytime i pass a plastic bag on the side of the road or freeway i wonder if maybe there are puppies inside."

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Blogger yournamehere said...

Holy crap, I miss you. Come back.

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state