November 28, 2006
i'm serious, people

i don't know that you understand the severity of the situation. my holidaygoodness list go so unwieldy that i had to make it into a four-tabbed excel worksheet, for my own sanity.

tab one is your names and addresses, sorted alphabetically in groups of how i know you. (family, local friends, bloggers.)

tab two is your preferences for color and the like. (reminder: this may or may not have influenced what gift you receive. for instance: if you like blue, too bad. cvs gift cards are red, and only red.)

tab three is your names and corresponding gifts, sorted by type and complexity of gift, as well as supplies needed. completed gift cells have been greyed out.

tab four is your names and corresponding gifts sorted by delivery method, whether it be shipping, regular mail, packing for my trip to MA, or local.

what's that??? why yes, yes i am insane.

for those of you looking to reciprocate, i do have an amazon wishlist, as well as strong desires for pretty clothing from some places in my sidebar. that said, i would also be incredibly thankful for giftcards to target or ikea, considering i will be getting my own place soon (please! soon! hurry! ) and will need to fill it with assorted useful and non-useful crap for my cats to knock over while i'm sleeping.

coming soon: my office has a holiday party and i cannot decide what to wear.



14 Comments:

Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

Assless chaps is always a good choice around the holidays.

Blogger yournamehere said...

I'm going to let everyone bask in the glow of my abundant holiday cheer.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely smile and your best Holiday attitude...nothing else.

Blogger Sarah Smile said...

Wear some of your holiday goodness.
Just tack it together into a festive party dress.
Please put my CVS giftcard near one of your naughty bits.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Aurgh. I have an office holiday party on friday, to which I may or may not go. It would be in poor form to not go because (1) "Santa" is my main attorney; and (b) I already RSVP'd (for one), and dinner is about $50/head. At the Bel Air Country Club. Lah-dee-dah.

Oh, and did I mention free alcohol?

But I'd still rather be knitting.

Anonymous Bonanza JellyBean said...

You are a tad bit insane, you know that?

I like it. Keep it up.

Blogger jiggs said...

anything that highlights your boobies is a good choice.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I love that you approach holiday goodness with such gusto!

For the party, a ladybug rain slicker and matching rain boots is always a good choice.

Alternately, postman pants and pasties.

Third choice -- spit and determination.

Blogger Thérèse said...

Fishnet stockings, shoes with sparkle in them, because you can really only get away with truly sparkly around Christmastime, or possibly, lacey shoes for the same reason, depending on what looks best with the smokin' hot vintage red and black dress designed to make you irresistable. You look good in red, MK.

Also, the excel spreadsheet thing, I'm afraid to say, is a tendency of the organized, and of *whispers* engineer/logical type people. *nods wisely* I would know.

Blogger amera hearts said...

i think you should wear a santa's helper costume, but one that's sexy. that way you can wear red, softness and sparkle and look hot.

i have to agree wth spinning girl. when i was readythis post, i was glad there was someone other than sarah and i, who love excel spreadhseet for everyday life!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must wear RED! Wear Garish Holiday Red! I don't care what the outfit looks like, as long as it's RED!

Blogger Uccellina said...

I think you should wear all black and draw a teardrop under your right eye. Emo is in, after all. TheKennedy will fall all over you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote you wear this. Please?

Also, I totally heart you for your devotion to your holidaygoodness giving.

You know you're invited over for dinner when you come back East, right?

Blogger me said...

i do not know if i am one of the lucky few that made it onto the goodness list (here's hoping) but i sent my address way back when and now i am currently in the process of moving out of the crack addled neighbourhood and into one of rainbow goodness...

should i provide a new address? please advise... one can do so at my own blog.

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state