September 25, 2006
live long and prosper

for the past week i've been running around the internets telling everyone that *golden state* was in the family way.

some of you thought this meant i was pregnant. while i appreciate your confidence in the power of my womb, i assure you that were i pregnant, there would be far more curse words, and probably vomiting. and curse words.

the thing is, is i have a heart *this big.* for those of you who have a monitor smaller than the known universe, i'll just tell you. it's big. it's big like a baboon's butt is red; very, and sometimes embarrassingly so.

anyway, you know pickles



and you know rabbi julius boon, phd



i now present, in his very first appearance on the internets.....

nimoymacad
he's six months old, a flame point siamese,
and the most handsome spokesman
mac has ever had.

nimoyclose
he arrived on friday night,
and promptly poo'd the dog bed.

nimoylava
he enjoys gadgets and appliances,
including the mac, the fridge, the cable box
and that pesky lava lamp.

nimoypurr
he's incredibly slutty affectionate,
and often screams until you agree to love him.
(this quality is creating an air of competition
in the home and i can't say i really
mind the sibling rivalry. it's nice to have
julius love me without quite so much
talons and teeth once in a while.)

nimoyrug
aside from a well-placed and punishing wound
i received immediately following his arrival,
julius and pickles have found him fairly innocuous.
when julius licked nimoy's sleeping face there was
so much cutenessthat i actually died.
i was revived with cookies. it's good to have them on hand.

nimoycross
you can see that being siamese, his eyes are sort of wonky.
this is adorable.
if you disagree, i'm not sure we're friends.
someone who is a jerk uses this characteristic
to call leonard nimoy "corky."
this is evil and inappropriate and leonard nimoy
plans to kill this person while this person is sleeping.


possibly the best part of the whole deal is that i received an early birthday present at the exact same time of leonard nimoy's arrival.

thank you, spinnerina. your timing is impeccable.



29 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Smile said...

*promptly falls in love*

May I be his godmother? I know it's tacky to ask, but I'd be willing to start a college fund for him.

Blogger Auntie Sassy said...

OH MY GOD! I love him! He looks like he desperately needs me to snuggle him and give him some treats.

And I love his name. Because I also love Leonard Nemoy. In sort of a naughty way, unfortunately.

Blogger yournamehere said...

kitten photos, huh?

Blogger Auntie Sassy said...

NIMOY! NIIIIIIMOY!
Dear god, I think I need more cold medication.

Blogger Miss Malaprop said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Sara said...

he's beautiful, and not corky-like in any manner.

Blogger Uccellina said...

K'sweet! *following Sarah Smile's lead, promptly falls into oozza pwiddy kiddy izzzhy? izzzhy?*

Blogger Melliferous Pants said...

Leonard Nimoy is adorable. I want to scratch him between his ears.

My mom has siamese cats. I find their wonky eyes irresistible.

Blogger Brookelina said...

What could be better than a blue-eyed slut? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Blogger Brookelina said...

My word verification was ryham. Now I'm hungry.

Blogger Green and Gray said...

OOOOH.. kitty!!! ^_^ <3 he IS cute!

Blogger Moe said...

*swooning* I think I am in love. Oh, the crazy eye is my undoing. A big sook, you say? All the better. Come live with us, more the merrier.

My Sophie (who does not know she is a dog) would sniff Leo's butt then attempt to groom him in an instant. Then jump on Pickle's head.

Mr Moe, in the other hand, would be in an allergic coma. That's ok, more kitty love for the rest of us until he comes to...

Blogger Stepherz said...

I had a crush on Leonard Nimoy when I was a kid. Weird, huh?

You know what they say bout men with pointy ears? Nah, me either.

Blogger Maenwyn said...

Poo'd the dog bed? I guess he thought it looked like a litter box?

What a cutie.

Blogger CommonWombat said...

Sally and I both made embarassing noises over Mr. Leonard Nimoy. Because that's how we roll. He rocks.

Blogger jiggs said...

kitties are rad. I don't think I notice the wonky eyes.... maybe this means i have wonky eyes and don't know it!

Blogger Sachi said...

*Swoon* That is the world's most handsome kitty. Luna wants to date him. Can you pencil her into his calendar?

Anonymous Gwen said...

I am DYING from the cute!!! Also, Leonard Nimoy is such a good name.

Blogger Nick said...

Can we get a picture of him in a sandwich?

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Absolutely adorable. Can I have two?? :) you lucky dawg, you!

Blogger Thérèse said...

Ohhhhhhh Leonard Nimoy.

Miss Kendra, will you please tell Leonard Nimoy that I said, "You are so adorable that you make me want to print all these pictures of you, stick feathers to the pages, make origami cats out of them and then kiss them one by one by one."

I suspect he's the kind of cat who might appreciate that sort of thing.

Blogger Monkey said...

promptly poo'd the dog bed

I love him. He has panache.

And the action figure is fabulous! Fabulous I tell you!

Blogger Quirkalot said...

Congratulations! That's way better than being pregnant!

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Ohhhhh, he's even cuter than on the phone. Remember my friend's cat that I said photographs as an evil minion? Well, he looks just like Leonard. JUST LIKE HIM. Ask Leonard what's his the secret to good photos.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Cute!

May I please eat him right up?

Blogger Übermilf said...

Happy birthday! And may the jerk receive cat poop in his underwear drawer.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
I knew you liked your kit-kits. Leonard is utterly fabu. Can I come cat-sit him maybe?
So glad you like the gift; it is useless, and not money, but how great is it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Happy Birthdayish Time Period!

Blogger Green and Gray said...

uh.. email me your address, plz? I seem to have misplaced it.

Blogger d'mang said...

the resemblance between him and the real Leonard is freakishly uncanny

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state