July 12, 2006
half boring, half stupid. you decide which is which.

i realize i have not been posting alot lately, but there's really not much to post about. my days revolve around the programming blocks on TNT (i love you tyne daly, please come to my house for pie) and the free stuff on craigslist. so far today i could have a horse trailer, a couple of guinea pigs, a cat, some broken stuff, and a package of adult diapers. not bad.

obviously without a job, i don't get out much. mostly i cruise the internet job listings and sit around knitting. that's okay though, because of the 8 items i want to make for my immediate family for the holidays, i now have 2.5 done. next is a hat and a scarf of my own design, this shirt (in bright bright red), and the fat-bottom bag (as seen here by meilynne to match this shawl, which has but half to go! (that's only seven items... number eight comes later.)

i may have also started a sweater for myself, and might also be dreaming about some other sweater (it has charts!), and maybe also socks, which are hard and so probably not going to be happening any time soon. it's the "hard" that holds me back... not the 5676676 projects i have already started.

finished item number one: the spiral scarf, and it's lovely, if just a little floppier than i intended. i'm thinking of knitting up a small swatch to see if washing it will shrink it up a bit.



finished item number two: to go with, i have made a lovely spiral hat, modeled here by an unwilling Boy.



up close.
gasp! shock! awe!


i'm also making a spiral bag in matte black and sparkly black to match. i think it will be a nice set. spirally!

elsewhere in the apartment, while Boy is at work, julius boon, ph.d., hides in the dark caverns of the comforter, drinking bourbon and coffee and furiously writing his dissertation on oral weaponry.



he has conducted extensive research and is proving to be quite the authority on the subject.

pickles, on the other hand, spends a lot of time sleeping. his behavior is all weird lately- he's hungry more, and he's always thirsty. now, this *could* be a result of his prescription, but i'm no fool. i know what's really going on. you can tell just by looking at him.



26 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Great knitting projects! Where did you get the spiral hat pattern?

Blogger briana said...

KENDRA!!!! You are neither, ever, even when you try to be.

You know, you could do what everybody else does in Los Angeles when unemployed and write a screenplay...

Blogger Melliferous Pants said...

You have excellent knitting skills...love the spiral hat!

Blogger Libby said...

OK - so all that is cool, but how are YOU?

I'm bored without my MK updates. Please come visit me on Messenger, I'm here ALL THE TIME. Seriously. :|

Blogger Sarah Smile said...

Think Pickles would share?

Anonymous Meg said...

I agree with Briana. Write a screenplay. About writing a screenplay whilst unemployed. Or about how Ryan Seacrest is a big fat douchebag. Or both.

Hang in there, Kendra! <3

Blogger Uccellina said...

Could you knit my lace for me? 'Cuz it's not going too well.

Blogger JenL said...

The shirt in red would be fantastic. And your spiral hat came out great.

I still think you should come up to Northern California for a visit.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Ooh! The spiral hat is sooooooooo cute!

Don't bogart, Pickles!

Blogger jiggs said...

I don't know what oral weaponry is, but I like it. Also, if you wanted to write a screenplay, I could help. I like helping!

Blogger Nick said...

I wish I had a cartoon joint.

Blogger Tel said...

Yes, come on up here to the Bay Area, and let XT, Jenl, and me all take turns giving you spankings.

Blogger Stephieface said...

I hope pickles understands the meaning of "puff, puff, give"... seriously.

Blogger Thérèse said...

1. I am in awe of your knittyness. You are so cool you make me want to knit more things and different things. Inspiring! I tried socks but hey, guess what doesn't work? When you are just starting out, you choose socks, and the sock pattern is actually wrong, so even though you follow it to a T, you screw it up. Oh, and as a bonus, you have no one live to ask for help, for weeks. In any case, I am so completely changing projects. I will get that sock. Eventually. The bastard. I love your hat, as modeled by Boy. It's adorable.

2. Julius Boon looks like he's at that point in a long academic project where everything almost makes sense and it's about to click and please please please let the conclusions be correct and nothing new pop up now cause that would so set me back six months.

3. As for Pickles, well, I'd say you're wise to keep an eye on him. Wise.

Blogger melissa.in.london said...

That hat is so great!

And that dramatization cat...skeery.

Blogger sleepydog said...

Pickles joined a Reggae band ?

Blogger Brookelina said...

1. You are incredibly talented.

2. The cat picture - and brilliant commentary - totally belongs on My Cat Hates You - where I spent the better part of yesterday laughing so hard I almost wet myself.

3. I have to go now. I'm dying to see if Amy and David actually get married. How hot is he!!! (and I thought I was the only one addicted to daytime TNT)

Blogger Autumn said...

maybe knitting is your calling. people will fork over money for that!

great pet pics! ha :)

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I'm glad you finally got the hat going. It looks great--even on the boy.

Don't fear the socks. With Sachi's easy peezy lemon squeezy tutorial, I'm moving right along with sockery. Of course, I'm at the heel now, so who knows.

Knit me something pretty.

Blogger sleepydog said...

Can you knit me an i-Pod ?

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

That hat turned out *amazing*. Really gorgeous. I'm guessing your shoulder is all betterer? Or are you knitting through the pain?! Either way, strong work!

Blogger Stepherz said...

I'm loving the spiral hat. Very Hott!

Blogger Moe said...

Is that the Odessa Hat by Grumperina (see Magknits)? Love it! I've been thinking about an odessa hat in black, with some silvery beads...love the spiral scarf too.

Pickles does look suspiciously baked. Nice to see Julius is putting his free time toward his phd thesis (unlike myself, perhaps he can be my life coach for the next 6 months).

Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

I love all those projects—especially the hat! This post was very entertaining. Watch out for pickles trying to take $$ out of your change jar.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Does the redhead with the glasses & the great tits come with the shirt in bright bright red?

I am loving the hat, what a lucky unwilling Boy to wear it, even for such a short time.

I can't knit.

teach me!

Blogger FRITZ said...

that spiral hat is no joke! man, i had a friend do that and she's been knitting for like five years, so you ROCK. And the spiral scarf is adorable. Did you get that out of Loop-D-Loop?

I'm in a knitting rut. Everything is going south and I haven't any good inspiration. I should start on a sweater for my mother. (sigh).

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state