June 29, 2006
a very merry

today is my blog-iversary, and i had planned on unveiling a new design, but alas, i am dumb and cannot make it work how i wanted.

so the melon stays.

in other news, i am slowly going insane. i still have no job and television is getting old. so very very old. i took all the keys off my keyboard and wiped them and popped them back on. first i lined them up on the couch and pretended to type a manifesto.

and that was monday. imagine how bored i am now.

bored enough to do memes! woo!

first, a movie meme! exclamation point!

the rules:
A. pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. post the quotes on your blog.
D. have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name.
F. answers to be posted later

1. "one scoop of creamed potatoes. a slice of butter. four peas. and as much ice cream as you'd like to eat."

2. "i just like to smile. smiiling's my favorite."

3. "sidecars are for bitches." (tied with "well, you forgot and now jelly's dead.")

4. "my god. i haven't been fucked like that since grade school."

5. "you want to be a little bird and get a little worm? just lie down and peep." (tied with, "back and forth. forever.")

6. "don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? you wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?"

7. "haven't you seen boyz n the hood? now one of us is going to get shot."

8. "anybody want a peanut?"

9. "now let's cut the stupid cake because i know the fat guy's gonna have a heart attack if we don't eat again soon."

10. "even a big bitch cockroach like you should know... never, but never, fuck with the king."

11. "i can't believe you did it. i was teasing. i loved you. course, i was coming up here to kill ya... "



and now.... a music meme! i have no capacity for spontaneous thought these days.

1. choose a band/artist: liz phair

2. answer each question using the title of a song by that band/artist.

3. are you male or female: girls! girls! girls!

4. describe yourself: firewalker

5. how do some people feel about you? mesmerizing

6. how do you feel about yourself? why can't i

7. describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: friend of mine

8. describe current boyfriend/girlfriend: 6'1"

9. describe where you want to be: perfect world

10. describe how you live: dogs of LA

11. describe how you love: fuck and run

12. what would you ask for if you had just one wish? shitloads of money

13. share a few words of wisdom: good love never dies

14. now say goodbye: divorce song



25 Comments:

Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Dang it! I am so sorry you are bored. My house needs cleaned!

Blogger jiggs said...

The only movie quote that was obvious to me was the swingers one.

liz phair meme = awesome

Blogger Übermilf said...

They all sound vaguely familiar, but since my brain isn't functioning, I can't answer.

Blogger Sachi said...

The only movie one I knew is #8. Princess Bride. Andre the Giant said it. :-)

Blogger me said...

i think i'm going to go crazy and die if i don't find out the answer to #9. because i totally know that movie but i don't know what it is...

my head is soon to explode

Blogger Lisa said...

sigh. thought i was quite the movie watching quote getter, but evidently totally impoquotent.

1. secretary. whatshisface from Boston Legal said it.
2. elf. will farrell/buddy the elf
4. fight club
7. swingers
9. the wedding singer. adam sandler
11. heathers

Blogger Colleen said...

#3 is Natalie Portman as Sam in Garden State.
curse you Lisa for guessing numbers 2, 9, and 11 correctly!

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

1. Secretary--James Spader says it to Maggie Gyllenhaal over the phone.
2. Elf--Buddy (Will Farrell)
3. Garden State--Zach Braff and Natalie Portman
5 (tie answer) You, Me, and Everyone We Know--Said by the adorable little boy via IM
8. Princess Bride--Fezzik (Andre the Giant)
11. Heathers--Christian Slater to Wynona Ryder

#6 sounds like something Julianne Moore would have said in An Ideal Husband, but I can't remember.
I'm so ashamed. To think I worked in movie theaters for 16 years.

Blogger Lisa said...

#6 - ahhhaaaaa! it's fricking marilyn monroe. lorelai lee.

Blogger Brookelina said...

I didn't read any of the other comments - but I only know two for sure. 4 is Marla in Fight Club, and 8 is Fezzik in The Princess Bride.

I like this meme.

Yesterday I reorganized my books.

Blogger jiggs said...

I'm so stupid. I forgot to wich you a happy blogiversary. thanks for blogging sassafras. you're delightful, you're delicious, you're de'lovely.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

wow, that movie meme is effin' hard!

I knew #8, but someone beat me to it, so I'm just going to go eat some ice cream.

I hope things start lookin' up for ya. Otherwise I might need to look up your dress. And you know how that ends up.

I don't know what I am saying.

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

oh yes, happy BA!

Blogger FRITZ said...

when i was funemployed, i shampooed my carpet two days in a row.

then, i thought about volunteering somewhere.

then, i shampooed my cat.

happy anniversary. things get better. i didn't like the movie meme because i didn't know but two of them. how sad is that.

how is the lace knitting coming? I'm anxious to see...

Blogger amandamonkey said...

Unemployment sucks. I had a good week with a phone interview and a live interview. Now? Nothin'

#11 is Heathers, but everyoneelse knows it too, I see.

Blogger Moe said...

I recognize most of them - but only guessed 1, 2, 4, 5.

We seem to have the same taste in movies. Mr Moe and I just watched the "The Squid and The Whale" over the weekend. Loved it(darkly funny and tragic-disturbing at the same time. my kind of movie). Here's hoping you find some work soon...

Blogger Uccellina said...

Happy blogiversary! I know 4, 6, 8, and 9. I also know that the Fight Club line (4) was not the original line from the script, which, I believe, was "I want to have your abortion."

Blogger Melliferous Pants said...

The only movie lines I caught were Garden State and Fight Club.

Blogger Melliferous Pants said...

Happy blogiversary!

Blogger sleepydog said...

Yours is one of my all time favorite blogs !! Happy blogiversary !! I always look forward to reading your demented, yet wonderful musings.

Blogger Nick said...

Happy Happy!

Blogger Rrramone said...

Those are some very funny movie quotes. And I am sad to say that I don't know which movies. :-(

Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Happy blogiversary! If you need help with your template, let me know. I modified the hell outta mine.

Anonymous b.e. earl said...

I know this was a million years ago, but #10 was Bubba Ho-tep I believe.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#10 was MIB (Men in Black)

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state