i had neck pain, stiffness and limited motion, then cam stim.
i had soreness and tension, and behold, there was stim.
i had a headache like someone pushing railroad spikes through my eyes, and lo- in walked stim.
stim's electrodes were attached to the nape of my neck and the neck/shoulder junction. if you look back and forth at the two sides of this picture really fast you'll get an idea of what stim was like for twenty glorious minutes.
you'll note that not only did my shoulders contract due to stim, but i became (impossibly) cuter.
my love affair with stim lasted for several hours, and i now find myself trying to hook up with various electrical devices and recapture the beauty of my first time. unfortunately, my next date with stim isn't till tuesday. *weep*
in other news, sassy stole this okcupid thingie from some vespa lady. it probably wasn't that hard because vespas don't go too fast. i took it and was put off by the results. what right does this okcupid have to label me? he doesn't know me! he's not even real!
he calls me:
you chose CY - your Enneagram type is SIX.
"I am affectionate and skeptical"
Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
How to Get Along with Me
• Be direct and clear.
• Listen to me carefully.
• Don't judge me for my anxiety.
• Work things through with me.
• Reassure me that everything is OK between us.
• Laugh and make jokes with me.
• Gently push me toward new experiences.
• Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
What I Like About Being a Six
• being committed and faithful to family and friends
• being responsible and hardworking
• being compassionate toward others
• having intellect and wit
• being a nonconformist
• confronting danger bravely
• being direct and assertive
What's Hard About Being a Six
• the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
• procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
• fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
• exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
• wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
• being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
Sixes as Children Often
• are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
• are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
• form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
• look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
• are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
Sixes as Parents
• are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
• are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
• worry more than most that their children will get hurt
• sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele
The Enneagram Made Easy
Discover the 9 Types of People
HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages
you chose CY
you are also somewhat CZ
if you too would like to be judged and labeled by a machine who offers no pleasant muscular spasms in return, you can take
The Quick and Painless ENNEAGRAM Test by felk on Ok Cupid