November 08, 2005
can't sleep, yarn will eat me

so here's a shocker.

despite my deep seated belief that i have developed super powers, as evidenced by my sudden and extraordinary ability to stripe (i'm a striping savant):

but don't stare at the stripes too long.
i can't promise i didn't enchant them to get y'all to do my evil bidding.


and the incredibly impressive beginnings of a hat (i said impressive...
so be impressed, dammit!)

holy crap! it's round!
and size seven needles! your skills have progressed exponentially, grasshopper.



alas, it is coming to my attention that i may not be ready to be a superhero, because my nemesis is way more powerful than i.

my plan is taking shape, for i have sent you a tempting pattern--
far beyond you skill level--
and you are now faced with the terrifying
MysteriouslyExpandingProject!
i'm yarn! and i'm eeeeevil!


and here it is.


the project, which is supposed to measure eight inches long, has miraculously grown. i have the right number of stitches (i'm pretty sure anyway) and my gauge is right (i'm pretty sure anyway), so now i just need to wait for stitch n' bitch to get some backup. because that yarn must pay.

oh yes.

the yarn will pay.



10 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Sassy said...

It does in fact appear to be more than eight inches.
I would be happy to discuss via email if you don't want to wait until your next S n'B to work it out.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

DANG, gurl. You're on size threes?!?! She's goin' to the dark side. Next think we know, you'll be posting about some thrilling sock pattern or lace shawl you've completed. Scawwwy.

Blogger Libby said...

I'll help too, Kendra. You know where to find me...

Blogger Grend31 said...

*stares at the stripes too long*

yeeeees Miiiiiss Keeendraaa.. what is your commaaaaand...?

Blogger Tara said...

Oh, your stipes are much better than mine. I just finished my stripes, but my brain capacity only allowed me to use 2 colors. You're so brave.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I want to have your yarnmonster on my t-shirt. Does that make me *too* weird?

Blogger JenL said...

I would help too, but since my first knitting class is next Tuesday, I don't think I'll be able to contribute much. But after Tuesday evening, look out, yarn monster!

Your stripes look great, by the way.

Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

w00t! You're a badasses stitcher. You give that yarn what for!

Blogger robiewankenobie said...

last night? the yarn keeled me. today? i keel it back. *strikes ninja pose*

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state