November 04, 2005
and so it begins...

just putting it out there that i, uh, appreciate all youse guys saying that nice crap to me yesterday. it made me throw up a little in my mouth, so i'm pretty sure i'm well on my way back to fine.

i also feel better because i did the stitching and bitching last night, and it was squilitastic. what? you don't know what squilitastic means? loser.

and guess what! crazy aunt purl was there! exclamation point!

and i was there.

and that means we were there together.

in case you're for some reason not familiar with the fact that i am insane, let me explain to you about crazy aunt purl. i have blogstalked her since the dawn of time. back then it was me in a wooly mammoth skin carting around a prehistoric laptop so that i could access all of her cave drawings, but still. i was there.

and so i long ago decided that purl would be MyFirstCaliforniaFriend, complete with matching accessories and pink corvette (sold seperately of course). all i'm trying to say here is that while laurie (crazy aunt purl) and i have been friends in my head for like, ever, we did not actually ever meet until last night.



now just in case you think i photoshopped this picture to make myself seem cooler (which i *so* would not do), i would like to present exhibit a, the tiny sweater beer cozy (made by pinksara), which is also showcased on purl's site. it's actually one of several tiny sweaters (i heart tiny sweaters!) that will be christmas ornaments for pinksara's grandma.

note how nicely it complements my nectar of the gods:
big bear rootbeer. amen.


and did i mention exhinit b? you know, my face? my face is on crazyauntpurldotcom! i RULE!

just in case you were wondering what came of this long-awaited interaction, let's put it this way:

soon all your everything are belong to us.


right after we open the valley's first alpaca farm. because los angeles definately needs more alpaca.



14 Comments:

Blogger Melliferous Pants said...

I am so jealous you got to meet Crazy Aunt Purl.

Anonymous laurie said...

Pants, come to LA and we shall make a triad and begin our eventual world domination. Also, I need someone to play with the alpaca that we somehow decided will live in my backyard.

Kendra, I adored meeting you!

Blogger Libby said...

And after you have your alpaca farm, then I would have to come build a yurt in your yard so I can frolic with the alpaca. Of course, Goliath and MHP would have to come, so it would have to be a big yurt. Make room, I'm coming through.

Good to see you back.

I have no idea what "soon all your everything are belong to us" means. Am I dumb?? (That's a rhetorical question. No need to answer. Seriously. Please don't answer that.)

Oh, and I'm serious about the big needles. I have 85 pairs of size 8s for some reason. I will send you some. Only if you send Monkey some pants, though.

Blogger Libby said...

OK, apparently I am stalking Aunt Purl too, as I did not read her comment before making mine.

Really. No, seriously.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I'M A STALKER, TOO!!! No, really, I am!!! Can I be one of the cool kids? No? Well, okay. I'm used to the rejection. Sigh. I guess I'm gonna go sit at home and curse my LionBrand Suede. Gawd, this stuff's a BEEEEYOTCH to knit with!!!

(I'm just saying that so you won't know it's me outside Purl's house in the Valley and your house in the Hood.)

Blogger Calzone said...

Man...you really are depressed.

Blogger Racheal said...

Alpacas.

Us Southern Californians really do need more alpacas.

Blogger one girl said...

You and your blog are hillarious (in the best possible way of course). Thanks for making this NYC girl laugh her ass off. And your hair cut kicks butt by the way!

Blogger captain_howdy_girl said...

thats great that you got to meet your friend

Blogger karla said...

The thought balloons on the photo are making me giggle.

Blogger babyjewels said...

I so want that beer sweater. I can only crochet scarves. Not impressive at all.

I'm behind lately. you prev. post really touched me. Hope things are good.

Blogger Auntie Sassy said...

"soon all your everything are belong to us." AHAHAHAHAHA
It is SO GOOD to know that someone else has been poisoned by a dorky video game player...unless you ARE the dorky video game player...in which case I totally still love you.

Libby: Google "All your base are belong to us"

Blogger Monkey said...

Everyone needs a sweater for their beverage of choice. It should be a law.

Blogger robiewankenobie said...

you met aunt purl? and she adored meeting YOU? *swoon*

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state