October 18, 2005
you might wanna rethink that visit.

anonymous coworker will be pleased to know that today is sukkot, the feast of tabernacles.

see?


i however, will look back upon this date as the day in which i discovered my neighborhood's redeeming characteristic.


it's not the posters announcing the release of i am me, because that totally harshed my sukkot rejoicing.



it's not the heavily promoted "doom", or the once-was-emo stylings of weezer. and while i love me some dave grohl, it's not the foo either. (rhyme! do i get points for that? i better.)

it's pretty simply really. a short distance west of my aztec dancer infested home is this:


i mean, it brings up a few questions, like what exactly makes them "mo better," and which animal does "meaty meat" come from, but i'm pretty sure this *is* the reason people move here. who could resist?

i apologize for the quality of the picture, but there's only so much a girl can do with one hand on the steering wheel and the other gripping the stem of her martini glass. one pothole and those fuckers just break right off.

just kidding! i don't drink and drive. i reserve the commuting time for my other vices, like road head, huffing glue and keeping my right arm elbow deep in a bag of apple rings. ahh, the good things in life.



10 Comments:

Blogger Tel said...

I gotta try some of those apple rings. They must be good!

I get in trouble when I go to TJ's, though. I get the cinnamon and sugar pita chips and eat the whole bag. SHAME!

Blogger Auntie Sassy said...

Okay, it has taken me a long time to come to terms with my suckiness, but I have to ask.
What is "emo" (as reference by Mistress Kendra as "once-was-emo stylings")? I've been seeing it EVERYWHERE and I know it is some reference to some social class...or maybe its not. A style of dress? Opposite of goth? Enormous Monkey Orgasms? I just feel so ultra-far-from-hip that I've been too humiliated to say anything.

My 15 year old niece would be so ashamed right now.

Please help me.

Love and smoochies,
Auntie Lame-Ass

Blogger miss kendra said...

emo: from the word emotional. a strain of "punk rock" that focused on emotions, sometimes dark, but often regarding relationships. usually characterized by intelligence to the point of nerdiness. to be emo is to overthink. rivers cuomo once was the poster child for emo.

Blogger Frog said...

I'm an emo frog :)

Blogger Libby said...

I didn't know what emo meant either. And I had a little brother who was apparently knee-deep in the emo crowd.

ANYHOO - Kendra, dying to know, do you do all of the mentioned vices at once? If you do not, how many are possible to engage in simultaneously?

Blogger Bonanza JellyBean said...

Mo Better Meatty Meat Burgers?

That is frickin' awesome.

Blogger CommonWombat said...

I'm not gonna lie to you - "Mo Better Meaty Meat Burgers" totally made me hungry.

I love that they had to use NINE arrows to point you in the direction of the "Meat Burgers." One arrow wouldn't have done the trick? That's arrow overkill, fellas.

Also, did you notice that they mis-spelled "Meaty?" That's a classy joint.

And yet... Yep, still hungry.

Blogger Calzone said...

I thought sassy was hip. I'm not sure what to believe about anything anymore.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Sassy, you think your neighborhood is questionable? I live just around the corner from MMMB's, and when they closed, I was seriously bummed. Not that I ever ate there, but everyone who came to visit would make a comment, then gorge on dead animal flesh and want to come back. Now I don't get no kinda visitors. :( I guess Albertsons doesn't have the same kind of draw.

Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

It makes me sad to see that you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer. After all I've taught you... sigh.

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state