*the people i refer to as my parents on this blog are actually an adopted family. it's a VERY long story, but you can assume that unless i specify "birthmother" etc, i am referring to the crazy people who chose to take me into their lives. whatta bunch of weirdos.
5 years ago: i was a junior in college. i lived in TheYellowHouse, in an apartment across the yard from my best friend ray. he shot out my window with a paintball gun. i was engaged. i was the editor of a literary magazine. i weighed 50 pounds more than i do now. i had a cat named bagheera and a turtle named zelda. zelda died. i worked at vinnys, an eye-talian place, and so often stank of garlic. i was moderately miserable.
1 year ago: i had been in california for only 16 days. i did not have a job. Boy and i had just celebrated one year together and i felt an incredible sense of accomplishment. i weighed 10 pounds less than i do now. i was pretty darn happy.
yesterday: i rear ended some girl in a beamer. she got out of the car, looked at it, said, "eh. shit happens, right?" and then drove away. thank you karma. i got takeout with Boy for our anniver-scary. we made out.
5 snacks i enjoy:
1. apple rings (duh)
2. graham crackers
3. chips and salsa
5. vodka. what? it's totally a snack.
5 songs i know the words to: just so you know, this is totally ridiculous. i know the words to a jabillion songs. so this will now become songs that i do a karaoke without looking at the lyrics screen.
1. "sweet child of mine" - guns n' roses
2. "crazy" patsy cline
3. "maryjane" alanis morissette
4. "total eclipse of the heart" bonnie tyler
5. "no rain" blind melon (dressed as the bee girl. fo' real yo.)
5 things i'd do with $100 million:
1. pay bills, mine and others
2. buy a house for me and one for *begin pikey accent* me maah
3. buy Boy a ducati
4. open a business, maybe a bar or crafting place. maybe a crafting place where you can get hammered and make doilies! sweet!
5. travel around to places i've never seen and meet blog people.
5 places i'd run away to:
i cannot tell you, because then you might find me. but i will tell you three places i have run away to before: my boyfriend's best friend's house (at age 15, to get away from my foster family), rhode island (at age 22, to clear my mind about my fiance), california (last year, people, with my loverBoy. pay attention.)
5 things i'd never wear:
i agree with valancy jane. there's a time and place for everything. except maybe clogs.
5 biggest joys:
1. cheerios and diet coke (not mixed, but both for breakfast)
2. other assorted foods (i can only pick 5!)
3. seeing other people happy because someone (possibly me) did something nice for them
4. my friends and family, including this beast.
5. writing, so by default, this here blahhhhg. <---i'm from the Bean, remember?
5 favourite toys:
2. sewing machine
4. my computers
5. finger puppets
what is cool at my place:
now here's where i'm sposed to "tag" people, but i generally don't pass this kind of stuff along. you know, stuff like chain letters, memes, and crabs. although i wouldn't mind reading calzone's answers, or hearing monkey's. that's right. i want an audio post.
and i will get one.
*or else i will not make you any pants! and you will be shamed in public by your hoo hah forever!