October 25, 2005
i apologize in advance

i was in the shower last night singing nursery rhymes when i came to "baa baa black sheep" and realized that it kind of sucks and is totally an allegory, but not the good "this one makes you smaller" kind like alice in wonderland. you can only get that lucky once.

anyway, some jerk asks if the sheep has wool, and the poor sheep is terrified, as is evident in his blood curdling screams of "yes sir."

yeah huh.

anyway... and then he has one for the master? that sounds like slavery to me. and it says right in the title that the sheep is black. i was outraged. so i'm hereby officially starting f.o.m.s., friends of minority sheep, a group heartily endorsed by His Noodleyness because they have the same initials (and also because it's a righteous cause, duh), in the hopes that this kind of tragedy never happens or is immortalized in song again. i say officially only because apparently i started this group twenty years ago.



this sheep is totally jewish. we are a minority together.






tomorrow will be better, i promise. i ran out of time today.



8 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) I was caught the other night as I walked through the 'hood, singing "Jaggers is, a lucky, dawg, lucky, lucky dawwwwg." D'ya think if the neighbors just assume I'm crazy, they won't bother me? Or maybe it's the 100lb black dog that scares them (you know the phenomenon). Or the fact that I'm obviously in my pj's. Heh. Whatever, we're in. FOMS 4-EVAH!

Blogger captain_howdy_girl said...

i want to take him home and give him a nice bath and comb

Blogger Auntie Sassy said...

AHAHAHA "this sheep is totally jewish."

I want a jewish sheep.

Blogger Libby said...

Can I make yarn if you shear your sheep?

Blogger karla said...

I'm going to giggle about this all day.

Blogger Monkey said...

Awww.... I want a Jewish Sheep too. Where can I get one?

I finished your scary quiz. Today I will send you my measurements. Hooo hooooo!

Blogger Grend31 said...

The exceptionally warm response and clear lack of supply has moved me to a decision to quit my job.

And sell jewish sheep.

On the internet.

Blogger Sarah Smile said...

I'm sensing a story behind this picture.

I'm demanding the story.

Post a Comment

<< Home

golden state